Monday, February 28, 2011

EASY TORTELLINI SOUP

Ok, I admit it.  I must be out of my mind.  The temperature is in the 80's again, and I wanted soup.  No way to explain it; it's just the way I am.  However, it is too hot to be standing over a hot stove all day long, so I decided to make this simple soup.  It doesn't take too long to cook, and most of the ingredients are ready-made.  The original recipe came from a Taste of Home cookbook, and this is my adaptation.    Serve it with a loaf of Tuscan Roasted Garlic bread from Publix bakery.....De-lish!  : )

EASY TORTELLINI SOUP

5 cups chicken stock
2 packages (13 ounces) frozen cheese tortellini
1 can cannelini beans
1 can Italian diced tomatoes
1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
Parmesan cheese and coarsely ground pepper, optional



In a 5-qt. stockpot, bring chicken stock to a boil.  Stir in tortellini.  Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. 

Stir in the beans, tomatoes and basil.  Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes or until pasta is tender.  Stir in the vinegar. 

Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and pepper if desired.







Admittedly, this would be even better in the winter, with snow on the ground, but hey, we're just stuck with this wonderful Florida weather.  Gonna have to make the best of it!    And, just when you thought I had forgotten, here's your music to cook by:
Until next time, Happy Cooking!  : )

Life is nothing without friendship. - Marcus Tullius Cicero

CONTACT ME 
TAGS:  SOUP

0 comments:

AddThis

Pin It